Is it luxury? Is it extravagance? Is it decadence?
Secrets to great bathroom design & decorating
Bathroom remodeling ranks number one among homeowners most commonly performed home improvements. This is because today, many individuals consider their bathroom to be some kind of personal retreat, a separated space from the noise outside, where they could relax with complete privacy.
The bathroom is no longer just a space for one’s personal hygiene. Today’s design possibilities for bathrooms are limitless.
The standard rules do not apply anymore. Function, openness, performance as well as easy to clean and maintain materials usually top bathroom requirements. When designing your bathroom, take into consideration layout of bath pieces, cabinet placement and your choice of finishes.
Bathroom remodeling cost depends on how much or how little you opt to put in it. A simple improvement that includes a new bath vanity top, accessories and light fixture will cost under 1000 dollars, while a major bath remodeling, taking everything out then begin from scratch can cost 10,000 dollars or more.
With all available new materials, innovative products and design styles of today, your dream bathroom can actually turn into much more than a toilet, shower and sink combo.
Bathroom design Ideas
1. Set a realistic remodeling or makeover budget. When establishing a budget, take into account your bathroom design ideas that you want and if you can afford them. Also, take note that it is less expensive when you do not anymore relocate the plumbing fixtures like the sinks or toilets; if you have a small budget, consider incorporating the present layout of your bathroom into your new design.
2. Think of function first. Always take into account functionally in mind as your bathroom is your workstation for getting ready for your day ahead as well as your place for recovering and resting after a hectic day. So keep these in mind when selecting your shower, tub, toilet, sink and other bath pieces.
Furthermore, think about what other needs you have that you can include into your bath, with some clever and careful planning; maybe you want to put a seat into your shower or a linen storage space or a “steam room”. Think what you really want, but give prime importance to your needs first, then second, your wants.
3. Collect bathroom models and design ideas. These will be a big help on your project as you can visualize your finished project as well as your remodeling professionals can have an idea on what your requirements are.
Here are some ideas:
– If your bathroom is large enough, you can either a wicker chair or display case. – Mix and match colors for your bathroom. This is fun alternative to a white or gray bathroom. Have fun cool and relaxing colors such as you can turn your bathroom into a beach-like retreat investing in cool shades of blue towels, rugged or distressed antique shelf, a series of colorful picture frames, etc. – Introduce fresh flowers, potted plants or cut tree branches and arrange them in vase. These can liven up your bathroom. – Bring the outside into your bathroom. Put some sea shells, candles, instead of tiles, you can choose to have lime stones in one wall as your focal point with an iron vanity, large plants and wind metal chimes. – Get inspiration from your friend’s house, from an expensive restaurant, a spa or a hotel room.
4. Look into popular design trends in bathrooms.
– Second sinks now are getting to be very popular and trendy in bathroom remodeling because they permit two individuals to use their bathroom together. – Separating your toilet from all other bathroom needs is another trend nowadays. – If you include a shower only in your bathroom, think of replacing it with a “bathtub” that can serve as both a shower also. Whirlpool tubs are becoming popular in bathroom designs today. – A spa-like bathroom is the most popular trend today. So aside from whirlpool baths, natural stone walls and wood flooring, try to open up your bathroom with large windows so you can see nature’s beauty outside as you relax.
Designing your bathroom space must not be just another remodeling project. The focus today has to do with your overall pampering needs and self rejuvenation in your bathroom.(Dobbins)